Orange County deputies are searching for a man who may have a woman sexually assaulted in the Aliso Viejo incident, which may be linked to two other attacks that occurred in near 2020.
The woman said the incident happened when she was walking near Woodfield park alone at around 11 p.m. And a man approached her from behind, grabbed her, and dragged her into the bushes near the Aliso Creek Trail.
The woman lost consciousness, and when she woke up, the attacker had disappeared. Similar incidents occurred on January 20 and April 2, 2020, with two other women in the Woodfield Park area.
The attacker is described by the officials as being in his 30s, with dark eyes, almost hairless, muscular, and wearing a black shirt, black shorts, and tennis shoes. Thus, the authorities reissued the sketches of the suspect from the 2020 attack.
After the incidents of 2020, the Sheriff’s Department set up an operating group of more than 100 people responsible for multiple operations to identify and arrest the suspect. However, the actions of the task force did not indicate the identity of the suspect.
Authorities said if DNA is collected, it will be analyzed to determine whether it matches the DNA from the 2020 incidents. In addition, they said that it is crucial to identify this person and not allow him to attack again.
The investigation is proceeding and people are urged to provide any information that might help the case to the Special Victim Detail 714-647-7419 or Dispatch at 714-647-7000.
The Statute of Limitations for Sexual Assault Claims in California
- Childhood sexual abuse survivors must file a lawsuit before the age of 40 or within 5 years of the abuse being discovered as an adult.
- As per the amended law, survivors in California now have three years to file claims for sexual abuse that have exceeded the statute of limitations.
- When sexual abuse occurs with an attempted or successful cover-up, the court is entitled to three times the damages.
How Many Sexual assault Claims are there in California?
- Emotional and physical pain and suffering, medical expenses for treating your physical injury
- Continuous consultation and treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety, and depression related to your abuse.
- Past and future wage losses when you are unable to find or maintain meaningful employment due to abuse
In a few lawsuits, the plaintiff can also get punitive damages. Since every case is different, the damages will depend on the unique facts of that case.
Sexual Assault Lawyers at Khashan Law
Whether it occurs in childhood or adulthood, sexual violence is one of the most painful situations that humans can experience. Our sexual assault lawyers at Khashan Law Firm express deep, customer-focused values.
We are committed to fighting for the most favourable compensation for every client victim. Our team of lawyers is aggressive and experienced. If you or your loved one have been a victim of sexual assault, please contact us at 951.461.2387 for a free and confidential consultation.