Job Site Accidents
Statistics show that around 375 to 400 employees lose their lives annually due to job site accidents. Job site injuries and fatalities are highly dominant in industries like construction and manufacturing where workers are working on heavy machinery. Their work environment is highly volatile. The main cause of death for workers over the last few years have been related to transportation accidents. Fatalities and injuries related to transportation happen with drivers ferrying heavy cargo on highways or highway shoulders.
Laws state that it is the responsibility of the employer to ensure that his workers are working in a safe environment. The U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has listed measures and standards for each industry which can help in preventing any tragic job site accidents.
A number of job site accidents happen because of safety violations at the workplace. When workers get injured on job, they can always seek compensation for their significant losses.
Types of Job Site accident or injuries
- Injury to the head, neck or spine sustained because of falling objects on the worker. Or when a worker falls down from the loft or ladder while working. Falling from heights can result in serious injuries, fractures or paralysis.
- Tripping and falling over loose mats, rugs or other floor coverings at the job site, can result in bruises, sprains or fractures. These job site accidents can take place indoors in the company premises or outside.
- Vehicle accident or collision while driving for the company. People can also be a victim of car accident in the company’s parking lot after being hit by some other driver.
- Accidents related to transportation of goods. These accidents include actual vehicle accident on the highways or accidents which occur while loading and unloading goods from the vehicle.
- Hidden Illness – workers who are exposed to various chemicals or other hazardous substances may discover in later years that they have a debilitating illness, like mesothelioma.
- Cardiac Injuries like stroke, hypertension or heart attacks while on work at the job site
- Suffering from sleep disorders, anxiety and depression
- Suffering from Occupational Diseases like loss of vision, exposure to chemicals and hearing damage
Workers can be victims of these type of injuries at any kind of workplace. They may be aware or unaware of the dangers associated with their workplace environment.
Our team of experienced lawyers at Khashan Law firm have represented construction workers, clerical workers, warehouse workers, police officers etc. Some type of injuries are difficult to be recognized and proven, but our expert lawyers know their job well and help our clients to prove that their ailments were because of Job Site accidents or injuries. Contact us at (951) 461-2387 for a free, confidential consultation.
Contact a Southern California Personal Injury Lawyer
The Southern California Personal Injury Lawyers at Khashan Law represents clients injured by dog bites, car accidents, workplace accidents, accidents on another’s property, medical malpractice, and wrongful death cases. If you think you may have a personal injury case, please do not hesitate to seek the expert legal assistance you need to make things right. It costs nothing to call us, costs nothing for a consultation, and costs nothing to get us started looking out for your rights if we agree that you have a solid case.
Unexpected and unfortunate things happen to good people. Our caring legal professionals are here to help you recover the financial payment you deserve so you can get on with your life. Remember, all legal fees are based on a percentage of the award, and you pay nothing for our services until we win your case. We have three conveniently-located offices in Southern California.
Southern California Cities we serve include, but are not limited to:
- LOS ANGELES
- SAN DIEGO
- LONG BEACH
- SANTA ANA
- CHULA VISTA
- SAN BERNARDINO
- HUNTINGTON BEACH
- MORENO VALLEY
- GARDEN GROVE
- COSTA MESA
- MISSION VIEJO
- NEWPORT BEACH
- SANTA MONICA
Do you have questions about your Personal Injury Case?
If you are an accident victim who has been injured in a vehicle accident, in a slip and fall accident at some business or facility, or injured by the negligent and wrongful conduct of others, and need answers to your questions or to find out what your case is worth, please call us today at (951) 461-2387 for a free, confidential consultation. Or if you prefer, fill out our Contact Form. A lawyer or staffer from Southern California Personal Injury Lawyers will call as soon as possible you to schedule an appointment.