Today people prefer to use Uber for their transportation needs rather than scheduling a cab in advance or flagging one down waiting on the road. One can just open the Uber app and get connected to a driver, who will pick you up and drop you to your desired location. How much ever convenient these rides are, unfortunately there are instances of Uber accidents almost every day. Both the people riding on these cabs or pedestrians on the road can be victims of Uber accidents.
We at Khashan Law have worked on numerous cases and helped claim compensation and medical help for victims of Uber accidents.
Common injuries in Uber accidents:
- Fractures and broken bones
- Concussions, head or brain injuries
- Cuts and bruises
- Disability – permanent or Temporary
The state of California has passed a number of laws for protecting and helping the drivers and people involved in the accident like pedestrians, cyclists, or the passengers of the same car or another vehicle. If you have been involved in Uber accidents in California, depending on the situation and circumstances you will need to determine whether you can file a personal injury lawsuit for compensation.
Types of Uber Accidents
- Another car is hit by the Uber driver causing an accident
- An Uber car hits your car resulting in an accident
If you have been injured because of the negligence of a third party you are entitled to be compensated for the medical costs, injuries, pain and suffering.
California Liability for Ridesharing Services
The law requires the Uber drivers to use their own personal vehicles to give rides to the customers. The drivers of Uber are not Uber employees, they are treated as contractors. Therefore to calculate the liability of the company (Uber) for the accident or the driver’s action has been always under dispute.
It is important to know that California follows a traditional fault or tort liability system for accidents involving a motor vehicle. Which means that in case of an accident, the at-fault parties would be responsible for paying the damages. Because of the tort liability system all drivers are supposed to subscribe to and carry liability insurance with them.
Therefore Uber drivers would be responsible to have adequate insurance to pay the not-at-fault party.
Compensation for Uber accidents:
- Pedestrian hit by an Uber: If you were a pedestrian and were involved in an accident with an Uber and you were not at fault for the accident, then you can file for compensation under the company’s (Uber) liability coverage. In case of settlement issues, you could also file a lawsuit.
- Driver of another car hit by an Uber: If you were driving another car and were hit by an Uber and you were not at fault, you can file a claim with the vehicle’s insurance policy However if you were at fault, then you will need to look up to your own insurance’s coverage. In case of fault on both the parties, then both the drivers will need to share the liability for the accident and split the costs of damages.
- A passenger in Uber Vehicle: If you were the passenger in the Uber which meets with an accident, then you will be required to file claim with the at-fault party’s insurance. In case a fair settlement is not received, you can file a lawsuit and claim compensation for your injuries both mental and physical.
If you or your loved one has been injured in an Uber accident, we at Khashan law can help in recovering all or most of the financial and other losses. While we understand that no amount of money is enough to completely compensate for the pain and suffering which arises because of a car accident, suitable compensation can surely help in making the recovery process less stressful and helps in getting recuperated faster with better medical attention.
Our skilled team has decades of experience as expert legal counsel and litigators. We have won and earned outstanding court awards and settlements for our clients. If you have been a victim of Uber accident, call us at (951) 461-2387 for a free, confidential consultation. Our entire legal team will ensure that you are able to obtain full compensation for your present and future damages.
Contact a Southern California Personal Injury Lawyer
The Southern California Personal Injury Lawyers at Khashan Law represents clients injured by dog bites, car accidents, workplace accidents, accidents on another’s property, medical malpractice, and wrongful death cases. If you think you may have a personal injury case, please do not hesitate to seek the expert legal assistance you need to make things right. It costs nothing to call us, costs nothing for a consultation, and costs nothing to get us started looking out for your rights if we agree that you have a solid case.
Unexpected and unfortunate things happen to good people. Our caring legal professionals are here to help you recover the financial payment you deserve so you can get on with your life. Remember, all legal fees are based on a percentage of the award, and you pay nothing for our services until we win your case. We have three conveniently-located offices in Southern California.
Southern California Cities we serve include, but are not limited to:
- LOS ANGELES
- SAN DIEGO
- LONG BEACH
- SANTA ANA
- CHULA VISTA
- SAN BERNARDINO
- HUNTINGTON BEACH
- MORENO VALLEY
- GARDEN GROVE
- COSTA MESA
- MISSION VIEJO
- NEWPORT BEACH
- SANTA MONICA
Do you have questions about your Personal Injury Case?
If you are an accident victim who has been injured in a vehicle accident, in a slip and fall accident at some business or facility, or injured by the negligent and wrongful conduct of others, and need answers to your questions or to find out what your case is worth, please call us today at (951) 461-2387 for a free, confidential consultation. Or if you prefer, fill out our Contact Form. A lawyer or staffer from Southern California Personal Injury Lawyers will call as soon as possible you to schedule an appointment.