Gender discrimination at workplaces is fast becoming an area of legal concern in the country. California laws and federal laws direct that all employees irrespective of their gender should be given equal opportunities and rights in the organization. Yet many a times, women are discriminated against her colleagues only because of her gender.
Gender discrimination at workplace is present in many forms. A woman is unable to cross the “glass ceiling,” preventing her from taking up positions of greater managerial responsibility in the company. They may also be hit by the “glass walls” when they want to change their line of career and apply for a role in occupations which have been traditionally filled by men only. But lets not forget, that like sexual harassment or assault, men as well as women, both can be victims of gender discrimination.
Few examples of Gender Discrimination at workplaces:
Gender discrimination can be aggressive or indirect, below mentioned are some gender discrimination examples:
- Not hiring or promoting someone because of their gender
- Terminating someone from job because of gender
- A female employee working hard since years for the organization is overlooked for position of manager, and a new male manager is hired from outside, despite both having similar qualifications and experience
- Pay cuts for female employee who cannot log in overtime hours because of her family responsibilities. Whereas a male employee receives no pay cuts if he cannot work overtime because of personal reasons.
- Female employees not being allowed to add their husbands to their health insurance provided by company, whereas male employees are allowed to add their wives to the insurance.
This federal law forbids employers from discriminating at workplace because of gender.
Employers are forbidden from gender discrimination in the below mentioned areas:
- Hiring or firing of an employee
- Determining the Compensation for an employee
- Deciding on transfers, promotions, layoffs etc
- Advertising for a job mentioning a specific gender
- Offering Fringe benefits
- Determining the Pay structure, the leaves, retirement planning etc
- Selection for Training and internship programs
- Any other conditions of employment which discriminated on the basis of an individual’s gender
Fighting against Gender Discrimination
Khashan Law firm has been fighting for victims of gender discrimination at workplace. Our team of experienced lawyers treat every individual with respect. We understand how important it is for the victim to expose the unlawful activities of the employer, but at the same time protect their loved ones and individual privacy. Contact us at (951) 461-2387 for a free, confidential consultation. We have successfully fought a number of class action and individual lawsuits in cases of gender discrimination. By taking up your case, we promise to strongly seek for the best compensation and justice for you.
Contact a Southern California Personal Injury Lawyer
The Southern California Personal Injury Lawyers at Khashan Law represents clients injured by dog bites, car accidents, workplace accidents, accidents on another’s property, medical malpractice, and wrongful death cases. If you think you may have a personal injury case, please do not hesitate to seek the expert legal assistance you need to make things right. It costs nothing to call us, costs nothing for a consultation, and costs nothing to get us started looking out for your rights if we agree that you have a solid case.
Unexpected and unfortunate things happen to good people. Our caring legal professionals are here to help you recover the financial payment you deserve so you can get on with your life. Remember, all legal fees are based on a percentage of the award, and you pay nothing for our services until we win your case. We have three conveniently-located offices in Southern California.
Southern California Cities we serve include, but are not limited to:
- LOS ANGELES
- SAN DIEGO
- LONG BEACH
- SANTA ANA
- CHULA VISTA
- SAN BERNARDINO
- HUNTINGTON BEACH
- MORENO VALLEY
- GARDEN GROVE
- COSTA MESA
- MISSION VIEJO
- NEWPORT BEACH
- SANTA MONICA
Do you have questions about your Personal Injury Case?
If you are an accident victim who has been injured in a vehicle accident, in a slip and fall accident at some business or facility, or injured by the negligent and wrongful conduct of others, and need answers to your questions or to find out what your case is worth, please call us today at (951) 461-2387 for a free, confidential consultation. Or if you prefer, fill out our Contact Form. A lawyer or staffer from Southern California Personal Injury Lawyers will call as soon as possible you to schedule an appointment.