Aviation Accidents Attorney
Being involved in a catastrophic airplane accident is unfathomable. The crash alone can cause severe, often fatal injuries to everyone involved as well as serious property damage. Not only have you been involved in a life-changing, traumatic event, it is often significantly more difficult to build an aviation accident case as compared to automobile or road accident cases.
Evidence may be affected or obscured by severe damage on impact, resulting in difficulty creating a strong case to prove true cause of injuries or to make wrongful death claims. Many factors come into play in the immediate necessity for aviation accident victims to recover including medical care, several legal issues and need of representation from an experienced legal counsel to handle many responsibilities which can include correspondence with hospitals, airlines, insurance companies, funeral homes, and more.
This is a time when choosing the right aviation accident attorney is crucial. When you choose Khashan Law Firm, you choose a law firm with years of experience that speak for themselves. Our licensed and experienced team at Khashan Law Firm have won hundreds of suits against greedy and negligent parties and would be honored to do our best to serve you. If you or a loved one has been injured in an airplane crash and need a qualified aviation accident lawyer to manage your case, you can trust us to do the job right. We understand how complex aircraft law can be.
How to choose the right Aviation Accident attorney
There may be several local attorneys in your area, but the right aviation accident attorney will make or break your case. To tackle serious and complicated aviation cases, only lawyers with specialized knowledge and experience in aviation law, treaties, and regulations should be considered. An aviation accident attorney will assist in evaluating the potential risks for your case using their expertise in airplane regulations including aircraft operation and flight safety. It is important to select an attorney who is able to cultivate relationships with consultants and expert witnesses to develop a thorough case with their specific needs understood and met. It is more beneficial for you to choose an aviation accident lawyer over a non-aviation lawyer who may omit key factors due to their lack in industry knowledge.
Things to consider when choosing the right Aviation accident lawyer:
- Years of experience in aviation law
- What is the firm’s track record in successful outcomes?
- What is law firm’s ranking among competitive law firms?
- What areas of law does the firm specialize in?
- What methods will your attorney utilize to win your case?
- Are there members of the team that are also pilots, nurses, or aviation engineers/technicians? (This may offer a lot more insight and experience, although not required would be beneficial)
- Does the firm offer you a free consultation?
Useful resources to find the right lawyer:
- You can search for lawyer ratings on the internet or browse through lawyer-review websites to obtain more information about the firm, peer ratings, and client ratings. These websites help assess the law firm’s skills, abilities, and quality of customer experience.
- Referrals from colleagues or other lawyers in your area
- Consult with local and state aviation law associations and organizations
When you work with Khashan Law, we will help you understand your rights and answer pressing questions, such as:
- Can surviving family members sue on behalf of deceased member(s) in the aviation accident?
- What is the cause of the plane crash?
- Who can I sue for the airplane accident?
- What can I do if I survived the air collision and am now disabled?
- Is my case affected by where the country the airline is based?
What are the cause of aviation accidents?
The most common causes of aviation accidents in United States include:
- Human/pilot error: Many aviation accidents are caused due to human errors like not following proper take-off/landing procedures, early descent, high landing speed, failing to refuel, navigation mistakes, and miscalculations on the part of pilot or air traffic controller.
- Equipment malfunction: A number of aviation accidents arise from equipment malfunctions, like engine failure or structural design flaw. In case of a part malfunctioning, the specific part manufacturer could be held liable for the accident. If the equipment was malfunctioned due to negligent maintenance, then the owner of the plane could be held liable.
- Act of God: Sometimes aviation accidents occur due to what the law refers to as Acts of God like storms, cyclones, bad weather etc. Though no one can be held accountable for causing bad weather, a pilot or aviation company can be held liable for failing to check the weather and underestimating the dangers, causing the accident.
Other common causes include terrorist activity, ground crew error, passenger negligence, improper cargo loading, runway obstructions, and in-flight fires.
Who is responsible for Aviation Accident damages?
Liability for damages may vary depending on the circumstances of the airplane accident. Aviation collisions can have several potential parties at fault including the operator of the plane at the time of the crash, manufacturers, maintenance suppliers, air traffic controllers and sometimes even the federal government. In case of commercial airlines accident, the airlines will provide some compensation. However, most victims may be able to recover significantly more money through other legal processes. International flights are typically governed by different regulations with a minimum compensation required per deceased passenger and an established liability for crashes on international flights involving injury, damages, and death. These type of accidents tend to lead to wrongful death claims and sometimes criminal charges against airlines and manufacturers, potentially recovering millions for victims and surviving family members.
We at Khashan Law understand how devastating an airplane crash can be. With a well-versed attorney from our team, we can provide you the right legal advice and proper resources to rightfully claim the compensation you deserve for your traumatic experience. We are here to listen to your specific needs and will determine the best way to resolve your situation for you and your family members. If you are in Southern California or Murrieta area, please contact Khashan Law today for a free consultation.