April 22, 2021
Rollover car accidents are one of the most dangerous types of automobile accidents. More than 10,000 people lose their lives in rollover accidents every year. When a vehicle topples and turns over on its roof or side it is considered to be a rollover accident.
Sport Utility Vehicles and lightweight trucks vehicles are more liable to roll over as they have a higher centre of gravity. Normally rollover accidents involve a single vehicle that loses control due to bad weather conditions, uneven roads, sharp turns, collision with curbs or guardrails, etc.
Some of the common causes of Rollover car accidents are:
- Speeding: Driving at a high speed is one of the most common causes of rollover accidents. The vehicle should not be driven at a speed higher than the mentioned speed limit. Road conditions or weather conditions can make it difficult for the vehicle to slow down suddenly. This may result in a rollover crash.
- Overcorrection: Many times drivers are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, they may be tired and sleepy or purely distracted. They may be negligent while driving and may end up suddenly turning the steering wheel to overcorrect for accidentally changing lanes or to avoid a vehicle or object on the road in front of the road. This overcorrection can lead to rollover accidents.
- Tire issues: Driving a vehicle with bald tires, flat tires, or incorrect tires for the weather can result in rollover crashes.
Speed is considered to be the main issue in around 40 percent of rollover accidents. Driving under the influence of alcohol accounts for 50 percent of all rollover crashes. Moreover, around 75 percent of rollover accidents occur on rural roads where the speed limit is expected to be 55 mph or higher.
If you or your family have been a victim of a rollover crash it is important to find out the cause of the rollover crash as it can help determine who was responsible for the accident and who would be responsible to pay for the damages suffered. Understanding the cause of the rollover accident can also help in preventing these types of rollover car accidents in the future.
A full investigation should be carried out to determine the cause of the rollover. Even though police authorities will investigate the case, hiring a professional rollover over accident lawyer can help in the thorough investigation and determining the cause of the accident. They can help determine the cause and help you receive compensation from the responsible parties.
What are the common injuries suffered in rollover car accidents?
In a rollover car accident, the automobile flips and falls upside down over the roof or rolls on the side. While flipping the vehicle may end up colliding with other vehicles on the road or with any objects.
Many times the passengers of the vehicle are ejected out from the vehicle and thrown on the road or they are crushed inside causing painful and permanent injuries.
The most common rollover accident injuries are:
- Broken bones and fractures: When the victim is thrown out of the vehicle or crushed inside it, many parts of the body are seriously injured. The severe impact may cause a crushed or broken bone, especially in the legs, ankles, ribs, and arms.
- Lacerations and bruises: In a rollover accident cuts, bruises, deep lacerations, and other external injuries as well as soft tissue injuries are common. When the vehicle is flipping, muscles and tendons of the victim can be easily pulled causing ligament tears.
- Injuries to the Nervous system: A rollover car accident may cause skull fractures, damage to the spinal cord, concussions, and cerebral contusions. These injuries can result in long-lasting brain injuries and permanent damage to the nervous system.
- Paralysis: Injuries and compression to the spine can permanently damage the spinal cord. A spinal cord injury can result in localized paralysis, paraplegia or quadriplegia.
- Internal injuries: In a rollover accident, many times the internal organs may get pierced or bruised by objects or broken automobile parts.
What should you do after a rollover car accident?
After a rollover crash, if you are in a position to call inform the concerned authorities immediately and seek medical help. Do not postpone medical attention, if your condition worsens it may become a life-threatening injury if not treated and attended to on time. Even if you feel that you are not injured severely, get yourself check for any internal injuries.
The next step is to contact a professional Rollover accident lawyer. As a victim, you may be eligible to receive compensation for injuries and losses suffered. A car accident lawyer can help you determine the cause of the accident and nail down the parties responsible and liable for the crash. The liable parties could be another driver, road maintenance authorities, or car manufacturers.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a rollover car accident, you will require financial support to bail yourself during the long process of recovery. You deserve to receive compensation for the medical expenses, lost wages, pain, and suffering, etc.
Contact us today to get in touch with one of the best rollover accident lawyers in California. Over the last two decades, Khashan Law has been working towards helping their clients receive justice and due compensation for their losses.
Our team of experienced lawyers will help review your case, handle the claims process, communicate with the insurance companies, and aggressively fight for your compensation.