The massive size and weight of a moving eighteen wheeler truck or tractor trailer colliding with anything in its way will usually result in severe damage, personal injury, and/or death. Truck accident claims are often much more complex than car accidents, making it even more imperative to hire the right truck accidents attorney to represent your case to recover the compensation you deserve.
If you or someone you love has been involved in a truck accident in Riverside area, it is important to hire an experienced truck accidents attorney from Khashan Law firm with proficient knowledge in truck laws and regulations in California to help you recover compensation for the damages and expenses. The process of collecting damages from the responsible party may be tedious and complex, but having the right attorneys familiar with these types of cases can navigate these claims in an organized and timely manner.
Truck accident claims are usually filed against the trucking company of the vehicle involved instead of the truck driver. Our team at Khashan Law are very well-versed in the safety motor regulations that may impact your claim. We have been able to successfully handle several personal injury claims and would be more than happy to fight on your behalf.
Who is liable for injuries sustained in a truck crash?
There may be a number of parties responsible and held liable for these injuries, including:
- Truck driver
- Trucking company
- Truck owner
- Truck leasing company
- Truck manufacturer, trailer, or components
How do you determine who’s liable for a truck accident?
Our trained staff at Khashan Law have extensive experience taking care of complicated truck accident claims to help determine responsible parties for your injuries and damages. To figure out who is held liable, our lawyers investigate:
- The party with primary control of the vehicle during the accident
- The amount of control the company had over its drivers
- Vehicle history
- Maintenance records
- Any potential federal or state law violations regarding driving
- Potential manufacturing defects
- Driving records
- Criminal convictions
Often times, your Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance will not cover the full cost of your injuries. Your truck accidents lawyer in San Bernardino may have to negotiate with insurance and file a lawsuit to help recover the remainder of your losses and additional damages.
What compensation can be recovered from a truck accident claim?
Typically, injuries and damages from a truck accident are divided into two compensation categories: economic or non-economic. In certain cases, punitive damages may also be available.
Economic damages usually involve monetary losses, such as:
- Current and future medical expenses – including emergency room visits, hospital care, surgery, extended medical attention, and other related costs.
- Lost wages – some injuries can be so severe, preventing victims from being able to perform at work temporarily or even permanently.
- Loss of earning capacity – if the victim is able to demonstrate their earning capacity has been affected, compensation may be collected.
These type of damages are typically compensation for non-tangible losses for victims and their family.
- Pain and suffering – physical pain suffered from injuries in the truck accident. Factors such as the level of pain, nature of injury, and how long the victim is expected to endure the pain and suffering is taken into consideration to calculate compensation.
- Mental/emotional suffering – mental or emotional distress caused by the accident including feelings of fright, anxiety, embarrassment, grief, etc. can also be considered for compensation.
- Loss of assistance – surviving spouse and children may be able to collect compensation for loss of assistance, services, aid, affection, companionship and other forms of support from their loved one in the event of a wrongful death as a result from the crash.
If you are in need of a truck accidents lawyer, allow a knowledgeable member from our Khashan team guide you through the proper steps in handling your unique case. We pride in being able to successfully handle several trucking accident claims in Riverside and would be more than honored to extend our services to you. We understand the trauma and stress from the catastrophic aftermath of the unfortunate situation and work hard to help you recover your losses to help begin your journey to healing. Please call us today for a free consultation.