Temecula Dog Bite Lawyer
Have you been a victim of an unfortunate dog attack in Temecula? Have you sustained injuries and unsure of what to do next? Do you need a knowledgeable, experienced dog bite attorney? We provide the most effective lawyers Khashan Law to help you receive the full compensation you deserve.
All of our specialized lawyers work extremely hard to make sure our clients are not taken advantage of by defense insurance companies and have successfully sought justice for hundreds of cases in Temecula, CA.
Common Dog Bite Injuries
The majority of dog bite injuries affect the hands, arms, feet, legs, head and neck areas. Unfortunately, these are significant regions that may severely alter your daily routine. Some common dog attack injuries are:
- Puncture wounds – Wounds can puncture deep into the flesh and should be thoroughly cleaned and seen by a doctor. The severity of the gash is not determined by how much bleeding is caused. These wounds can be very dangerous and need to be treated immediately to prevent infection.
- Infection – The chances of getting infection whenever animal bites and scratches involved are always high if not cleaned and treated properly. Bacteria and viruses may be transferred to the wound from contact. Young children, the elderly, and those who have weak immune systems are often more susceptible to infection. Some symptoms of infection include: redness, swelling, tenderness, and puss.
- Nerve Damage – Another common dog bite injury is nerve damage from a combination of a canine’s powerful jaws and long sharp teeth that can cut deep into the flesh. Nerve damage can lead to problems with mobility and chronic pain even long after the dog attack occurred and wounds have healed.
- Facial/Body Scarring – Although most dog bites will eventually heal, the more severe bites may cause permanent scarring. Victims’ self-confidence and daily routines may be greatly affected by the animal attack. Reconstructive surgery can be very painful, expensive, and stressful.
- Emotional and Post-Traumatic Stress – This kind of experience may be traumatizing and can cause emotional damage, even after the wounds have healed. Some people who have bitten by dogs develop post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), a condition that causes stress and depression and can last for years.
- Rabies – This serious and infectious virus can be transferred from dogs to humans through saliva when bitten or scratched. Canines may contract rabies if they are stray or unvaccinated. Symptoms of a rabies infection include fever, headache, nausea, fatigue, loss of appetite, twitching or a tingling sensation around the area of the dog bite. Rabies is considered a medical urgency and should be treated immediately. If left untreated it can be fatal.
If you are interested in finding a trustworthy Dog Bite lawyer in Temecula, please contact Khashan Law immediately to schedule your free consultation. We are more than happy to answer all of your questions and concerns regarding your animal attack case.