Although riding a motorcycle can be one of the greatest feelings in the world, it can also be one of the most dangerous. There is no denying the higher risks of riding a motorcycle versus cars and trucks. As a biker, you are required to have more focus and coordination while operating a motorcycle; this can be physically and mentally draining for drivers and allows for more opportunities for errors to occur. We at Khashan Law have worked with several motorcyclist victims to understand unique challenges faced in the courtroom as well as on the road.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident in Fontana and believe it was caused by negligence from the other party, it is crucial to have a reliable, knowledgeable motorcycle accident attorney at Khashan on your side. We will fight for your rights as motorcycle injury victims throughout Fontana and other areas in the state of California. We fight hard to make sure you are able to receive the full compensation you deserve for your personal injuries.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
- Inexperienced drivers
- Poor weather conditions
- Poor road conditions
- Lack of proper protective gear
What Should I do After a Motorcycle Accident?
- Remove yourself from dangerThe location of the motorcycle accident can be very dangerous, especially when there are other unsuspecting oncoming drivers that may not be aware of the accident to slow down in time before potentially colliding with crash site. You must move out of harm’s way as soon as possible to a safe place.
- Receive medical treatment Whether there are physical injuries or not, you must take the initiative to receive prompt medical care after the crash. Request immediate examinations of your head and chest (the primary causes of deaths) such as MRIs and X-Rays.
- Report the incident Contact the local police to report the motorcycle accident (unless you were transported from the scene by an ambulance). The police will be able to collect and document facts about the accident, parties involved, and any witnesses present at the scene.
- Contact a respectable Fontana motorcycle accident lawyer Call a motorcycle accident lawyer that specializes in motorcycle accidents. Khashan Law has been successful at assisting victims all over Fontana win their accident cases with the resources you need to win your case.
Who May Be Responsible for My Motorcycle Accident?
- Drivers/Owners or Employers – drivers or the owner of the vehicle may be at fault for the accident. If an employee was operating a company vehicle involved in the motorcycle crash, you may be able to collect compensation from the company as well.
- Government – If the accident was caused or contributed by dangerous conditions in result of poorly maintained public roadways such as defective signs or construction, you may be able to pursue compensation from the government. Keep in mind filing for government claims usually have a strict deadline. It is imperative to research deadlines according to your state and file appropriately.
- Vehicle Manufacturers – The maker(s) of the vehicles involved may be responsible for the accident if there was a defective safety gear, design, assembly, or manufacturer that contributed to the crash. In these cases, the manufacturers and sellers may be liable for damages.
Choosing the Right Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Selecting the right attorney to handle your claim may be one of the most important factors in winning your case. Your motorcycle accident lawyer must be capable of handling your unique case and must be able to manage the following responsibilities:
- Thorough and prompt investigation of the accident
- Protect evidence from the scene of the crash, including photos
- Locate and contact witnesses
- Inspect motorcycle/safety gear
- Be aware of all filing deadlines
- Determine responsible parties
- Sue responsible parties
- Hire reliable experts
- Recover lost wages
- Recover medical expenses
- Maximize compensation for damages and injuries suffered from motorcycle accident
We have successfully litigated many motorcyclist injury claims in Fontana and would be more than honored to help you with your unique case. Khashan Law discloses all costs upfront with no hidden fees. We understand it will be a long road to recovery, especially if you have been seriously hurt from the accident. Call us today for a free consultation and let us get to work on your claim. We are here to make things right.