Menifee Dog Bite Lawyer
A dog bite attack can cause severe injuries physically and emotionally. Anyone bitten during the attack should seek immediate help and contact a well-versed dog bite attorney to help recover the damages. If you or a loved one is a victim of an unfortunate attack in Menifee, call us today at Khashan Law to help settle your case.
How to Treat a Minor Dog Bite
If you or someone you know was bitten by a dog, you need to treat this immediately no matter how minor the bite appears to be to help prevent infection before seeking medical attention. It is important you see a doctor same day of the incident. Here are some quick at home first-aid steps to follow right after you are bitten.
- Firmly press a clean towel over the wound to stop bleeding (if any)
- Try to keep wound area elevated
- Clean the wound and surrounding area using mild soap and water.
- Wrap a sterile bandage around the bite
- Change bandage often daily and apply antibiotic ointment to avoid infection
Dog Bite Infection Symptoms
Immediately seek medical help if you think your bite wound has become infected. Failing to do so may result in very serious and sometimes fatal consequences. Known severe infections include meningitis, brain abscess, and heart infection. Septic dog bites can cause your bone marrow to inflame and may eventually cause death so it is crucial not to take this lightly. Listed below are some signs indicating the wound may be infected:
- The bite becomes increasingly painful
- Redness, swelling, and tenderness in bite area
- Fluid or pus leaking from bite
- Fever or chills
- Swollen lymph node glands
- Red streaks near the bite
If you are located in Menifee, CA and are seeking a dog bite lawyer please Contact Khashan Law today to schedule a free initial consultation with no hidden fees. We are here to fight for you.