Lake Elsinore Dog Bite Attorney
If you or a loved one has been involved in a dog attack and have suffered from a dog bite, you are protected under the law and may be entitled to seek compensation from the attacking dog’s owner, owner’s landlord, or insurance company. Our Lake Elsinore dog bite attorneys have handled several cases and are very familiar with the process to resolve your situation.
How to Determine Compensation for Dog Bites
You, the dog owner, and dog owner’s insurance company (if applicable) can settle the case for compensation either out-of-court, or go to trial. If you decide to settle in private, you may negotiate directly with the dog owner to come to an agreement on compensation for your injuries. The funds for compensation may come from the dog owner, their insurance company, or both.
If you decide to go to trial, your case will be presented in front of a judge and jury who will listen to the evidence and decide who is at fault for the incident to determine if compensation is owed and how much. If you lose the case, you can appeal in attempts to reduce money owed.
Advantages of Settling a Dog Bite Case
- Resolves your case faster than going to court
- Receive compensation faster than waiting after trial and can pay medical bills from the injury immediately
- Faster closure from situation to move on from it
- Lower attorney’s fees and expenses because you use less of their time
- You will know exactly what you will be receiving for compensation
- Settlement will be kept confidential
Advantages of Going to Court for a Dog Bite
- You may gain greater satisfaction or feelings of resolution from winning the case fair and square
- You may be awarded more money than if you had settled the case
Either option may be better for you depending on your unique case. Speak to one of our experienced Lake Elsinore dog bite lawyers at Khashan Law to help determine which path you should take to maximize the claims you are entitled to. We are here to help evaluate your specific case and are more than happy to answer any questions you may have. We understand your situation is time sensitive and work hard to resolve your case as quickly as possible. Call today for a free consultation.