Being in an auto accident can be one of the scariest experiences a person can go through, especially if you are seriously injured. There are careless drivers everywhere. Unfortunately, one mistake on the road can cause your life to be changed forever. Injuries sustained after a car crash can range from minor scratches to broken bones, permanent disability, and death. Attempting to file your own auto accident claim can add even more duress to the already extremely stressful situation. If you handle your own claim and don’t know what you are doing, you may miss out on a significant amount of potential compensation.
If you are in the San Bernardino area and have been involved in a car accident, let a well-experienced professional from Khashan Law represent you! We at Khashan understand how overwhelming an experience a car accident can be and strongly believe the time following the accident should be focused on recovery – physically and emotionally. Let us worry about pursuing your claim for you as your auto accident attorney, guiding you through every step of the way in pursuit of giving you the most favorable outcome.
What can I expect from my auto accident lawyer?
Your auto accident lawyer will help you:
- Collect crucial evidence to prove liability for the auto accident
- Find reliable, suitable doctors
- Correspond with insurance companies on your behalf with your best interests in mind
- Handle medical bills
- Handle compensation for missed work
- Reclaim the compensation you deserve for your losses
Common mistakes to avoid after an auto accident
- Not filing a police report
- Admitting fault
- Not seeking medical attention immediately
- Deemphasizing your injuries
- Not taking pictures of the scene
- Waiting too long to file a claim
- Hiring an inexperienced lawyer
- Failing to contact your insurance company
- Discussing/sharing vital details of your claim with others
- Posting/sharing details of your case online
Can I count on my insurance companies to get compensation?
Unfortunately, insurance companies are not vested or concerned of your best interests in obtaining the full compensation you deserve. They are motivated in making a profit off of you by undervaluing your compensation to help cover the cost of medical bills, damages, lost wages, psychological injuries, and more. Hiring the right auto accident attorney will help protect you from being taken advantage of by money-driven insurance companies.
Types of auto accident injuries
The types of different injuries sustained in a car accident are endless, but here are some of the most common injuries that occur:
- Head injuries – bruises, fractures, dental injuries, not brain-related.
- Traumatic brain injuries – concussions, contusions, open head injury, etc.
- Whiplash/neck injuries – whiplashes are the most common neck injury that can cause permanent muscle and tissue damage if not treated immediately.
- Shoulder/arm injuries – sprains, lacerations, fractures, rotator cuff injuries, dislocations, etc.
- Leg injuries (knee and foot) – fractures, sprains, bruises, dislocations, ligament damage, etc.
- Back injuries – strains, sprains, fractures, disc injuries, lumbar spine injuries, etc.Emotional distress – anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), etc.
Who is responsible for my losses?
There may be several parties involved in the car accident that may be held responsible for your losses including:
- Negligent/reckless drivers – the most common culprit of auto accidents. Some examples of negligent, reckless driving include speeding, lane-changing without signaling/looking, ignoring traffic signs, talking on the phone, texting and other distractions while driving, and driving under the influence.
- Agencies/organizations – aside from the drivers, certain organizations may be responsible for your accident. Believe it or not, the city and state government agencies may be held accountable for poorly maintained roads, malfunctioning traffic signals, and confusing signage that all may play big contributing factors to your crash.
- Car manufacturers – the automobile or car parts manufacturer may be responsible for your car crash due to defective car parts such as tires or brakes that lead to an accident.
Victims of auto accidents are often left with steep medical bills, pain, and suffering. We at Khashan Law want to make it right for you and other auto crash victims in San Bernardino area recover the compensation that is rightfully yours for your traumatic experience and injuries.
You don’t have to do this alone. Let Khashan Law’s knowledgeable legal team fight on your behalf. Call us today for a hassle-free case evaluation.